This time last week the MHIB team was out in full force at the BIBA Conference at Manchester Central Convention Complex. Record numbers of insurance professionals gathered together at the biggest event in the insurance industry.
What a fantastic two days we had! We exhibited, our CEO Claire spoke at Young Broker Day, we ran some bite size sessions in the BIBA Wellness Zone and of course we enjoyed the social gatherings in the evenings.
We are absolutely delighted that so many people came to see us at our stand - lots of them told us they had specifically sought us out, after seeing that we would be exhibiting.
It really is fantastic to see that mental health has become such a focus for business leaders. We had some really positive and insightful conversations about how we can help our clients with organisational mental health, during our two days at the conference- and many of those conversations are continuing post-conference.
We took a few key learnings away from the conference which we would love to share:
- If you are exhibiting at a conference, don’t just stand and wait for people to come to you - step out from the safety of your stand, talk to people - be interested in them!
- Don’t leave your stand empty - you might miss vital opportunities to talk with people (we saw a few abandoned stands).
- Grab every opportunity to increase your visibility- you are there to be seen and to see people. We provided some bite sized talks in the BIBA Wellness Zone, which was a wonderful way to meet lots of people- and we weren’t averse to dragging passers-by in to hear our talks !
- Ladies (or anyone that likes to wear heels). Just no- your feet will really really thank you for wearing something that is comfortable.
- Follow up! It sounds obvious- but if you have promised to follow up in a certain way, or at a certain time, make sure you do!