To review the other policies that apply to customers of mhib.co.uk, please click on the following links:
For further information about this policy or if you require a detailed list of all cookies which are used by our website, please contact: email@example.com.
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this website, you must stop using our site.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by mhib.co.uk).
Third-party cookies: are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Delete and Block Our cookies
How to turn cookies off?
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Can I withdraw my consent?
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
What cookies do we use and why?
The cookies used on our site are categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary
- Strictly Necessary
“Strictly Necessary” cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas and shopping baskets. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. Please note that these cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember information you have entered on order forms when you navigate to different pages during a web browser session;
- Remember the goods and services you ordered when you get to the checkout page;
- Identify you as being logged in to our website;
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works; and
- To route users to specific applications of a service, or specific servers.
- Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee your use of our website or how the security on our website will perform during your visit.
“Performance” cookies collect information about how you use our website (e.g., which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors). These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use Performance cookies for:
- Web Analytics: To provide statistics on how our website is used;
- Ad Response Rates: To see how effective our advertisements are, including those pointing to our sites;
- Affiliate Tracking: To provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This can include details of any products purchased;
- Error Management: To help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur; and
- Testing Designs: To test different designs of our website.
- Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties’ own website privacy notifications for further information.
By using our site, you accept the use of “Performance” cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
“Functionality” cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use Functionality cookies to:
- Remember settings you’ve applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colours;
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey; and
- Show you when you’re logged in to the website.
Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties’ own website privacy notifications for further information.
“Targeting” cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as ‘Like’ buttons and ‘Share’ buttons. Third parties provide these services in return for recognizing that you have visited our website.
We use Targeting cookies to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites; and
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with advertisements in which you may be interested.
- All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties’ own website privacy notifications for further information.
To comply with legal requirements, we have listed the cookies that we use on our site:
First Party Cookies
|COOKIE NAME||PURPOSE||DURATION||STRICTLY NECESSARY (Y/N)||DOMAIN||CATEGORY|
|FIRST PARTY COOKIES|
|__utma||Google analytics page tracking||2 years||N||.mhib.co.uk||Tracking|
|__utmb||Google analytics page tracking||30 minutes||N||.mhib.co.uk||Tracking|
|__utmc||Google analytics page tracking||End of session||N||.mhib.co.uk||Tracking|
|__utmz||Google analytics page tracking||6 months||N||.mhib.co.uk||Tracking|
|PHPSESSID||PHP Cookie to store a unique identifier for your session||End of session||Y||.mhib.co.uk||Functional|
Cookie list updated 08/01/2018. This policy contains a list of http://mhib.co.uk cookies as at the date of this policy. Future cookies used by the Web site shall be included to this table from time to time.
More information about cookies
Information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at:
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at:
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website section: