The Online MHFA course is made up of a series of 4 x 2.5-hour 'live sessions' and individual learning activities which are completed in your own time on MHFA's dedicated online learning hub.
The live sessions are led by Claire Russell (approved MHFA England Instructor, multi-business owner, TEDx speaker and volunteer Samaritan) alongside MHIB co-founder Steve Heath in support. The course also includes 1 x 90 min follow-up coaching & support call with Steve Heath, a trained mental health first aider and coach.
We are running two courses on the following dates:
Group O3 – 10am- 12.30pm 6th, 8th, 13th and 15th January 2021
Group O4 – 10am- 12.30pm 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2021
Having completed the training you will have:
- - An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well-being
- - Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- - Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- - Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- - Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Places are limited to 12 per course and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To book your place please complete your payment by clicking the link below and then we will be in touch to confirm your place.