The aim of this accredited training is to promote good mental health and to create more awareness of mental health issues; to train people (who are not mental health professionals) to spot those affected by mental health problems; and to offer support, help and guidance in getting professional support, resulting in positive effects for everyone affected, including their colleagues, family members, friends and employers.
Accredited Mental Health First Aiders will have gained:
- A thorough understanding of mental health and the circumstances that can adversely affect mental wellness
- Constructive skills to help spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues and to take positive action
- Increased confidence to offer support, reassure and support a person in distress
- Strengthened interpersonal skills, including how to listen in a non-judgmental way
- The expertise to help someone to regain their mental well-being by directing them to the right support (that could be via their employer, through the NHS, self-help tools, or a combination)
A two day interactive workshop either as a stand alone offering or as part of a broader program. Depending on the size and structure of the business, it may be appropriate to have one trained mental health first aider per business/site/division.
If you’re interested in finding out more about how we could work with you and your people, or simply want some further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org